Friday, August 16, 2013

Never Alone

"Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me." ~David

I am never alone. I am constantly aware that God is with me and I'm surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses. Like David, I know that if even my parents were to forsake me, Jesus would still be there. I haven't always taken comfort in that. There have been times when I wish that he would just leave me alone! I've learned that those are the times that I really need to be still and know he is God. He can't leave me alone. He promised he never would. It's perhaps the promise I cherish most and yet I find myself wiggling around uncomfortably at the thought of such intimacy. He sees my sin. Blah.

No matter how hard I try, I'm still a stinking sinner. No matter how clean I feel, I will always need Jesus to wash my feet. The fact that he is eager to clean off the dirt any time gives me joy. I am surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses and they are cheering me on! Yes, I'm a dirty sinner but Jesus loves me and nothing can separate me from the love of God. Amazing grace!

"...For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." ~Paul

 

No comments:

Post a Comment