Thursday, August 8, 2013

Passionate Love

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" ~Paul

There is no gray area: You are either a new creation or you aren't. You are either for Jesus or against him. There is no wiggle room. No one can fool God even if they think they have successfully fooled others. This new creation has nothing to do with wanting to change habits or get happiness. In fact, it has nothing to do with our feelings at all. I had as much control over my being born of the Spirit as I did when I was born in the flesh. You are either alive in eternity or you aren't. It's between you and God alone. Once I did realize that I was a new creation in Christ, what freedom came from feeling loved by an all encompassing, passionate God!

There is a song that lyrics say, "He loves us with passion, without regret. He cannot love more and WILL not love less." I rest in the knowledge that God has chosen to love me with passion. A perfect love filled with forgiveness, peace and joy. Ask him for it, he'll give it to you too!

"Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation." ~Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment