Monday, August 19, 2013

Glorious Joy

"I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one; I in them and you in me." ~Jesus

I imagine that the group of people listening to this prayer of Jesus' were having different reactions to his words. I wonder what aspect of it would have caused my spirit to grasp out. Reading it this morning, the verse above grabbed my attention. He has given me glory! Jesus said he did, so it must be true. A wellspring of joy bubbles up in me when I think about listening to his prayer and hearing the very son of God giving me glory before the Father! Of course, how could I not give it back? We're one and he's way more worthy of it.

A full measure of the joy of the Lord has been put within me because of the words that Jesus prayed that day. I can be one with the saints of ages simply because those words have endured and are written for me to feast on. The fact that I can read it centuries later makes me so grateful and fills me with glorious joy!

"Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!" ~Legions of Angels






  

No comments:

Post a Comment