Tuesday, August 13, 2013

New Insides

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

I was reminded this past week that if Jesus would have remained on the earth, he would have remained outside of me. The closest I would have gotten to having eternal life would have been to hug the physical body of an eternal man. Fortunately, he is also the truth so when he went and took his place on the throne of heaven, he sent his Spirit of truth. Now God can live inside of me. His flesh could only wash my feet, his Spirit can wash my soul. From the inside, God can and has given me a new heart. God is Spirit and I worship him in Spirit and in truth. His laws are written on my new heart and the life and love bubbles up like springs of water deep in my soul. Living water!

I was asked how life was treating me the other day and this verse flew into my head. Jesus is the life. I gleefully gushed, "Wonderfully! Jesus loves me!" I had to laugh at the perplexed look on the carpenter's face. He did manage to recover with a comment about mine being a great attitude. The attitude of Jesus. The attitude of the way and the truth and the life!

I have the way, the truth and the life. I have Jesus and I'm going to the Father. I'm skipping down the narrow path and drinking out of the river of life! How's life treating you?

"But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." ~Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment