Thursday, July 25, 2013

Sharing Seeds

"But if I say, 'I will not mention him or speak any more in his name,' his word is in my heart like a burning fire, shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot." ~Jeremiah

I've been there. The word of God has been on the tip of my tongue and the air almost pulsates with the power of the Spirit. My mind has screamed "DON'T SAY IT!" at about the same time the words come tumbling out my mouth.  The sword of the word once again separating my marrow from my bones. I think I got to the point of wanting to quench the Spirit that way because of what I perceived as unfavorable responses to the message contained in those seeds of wisdom.

I began to squirrel away those seeds and justified it by telling myself that I wasn't going to cast my pearls before swine anymore. I would just keep my mouth shut! It wasn't long before I realized it was hard to hold back. Impossible even. People needed to hear the good news whether they liked it or not. They needed to hear the truth that hurts as well as the truth that sets them free. I was only responsible for sharing, their reaction was their own responsibility. I'm weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.

"The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name." ~Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment