Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Joy in Cleaning

"I am going to prepare a place for you." ~Jesus

I'm having out-of-state company fly in today. I'm so excited I can't sit still! I can't wait to wrap my arms around this woman that I've known since kindergarten. It's been almost twenty years since I've hugged her. We have been in contact via cards, letters and e-mails and prayed for each other through tough times in both our lives, but to clasp hands and rejoice together brings the physical and spiritual into one. Wherever two are more are gathered in Jesus, there he is. When she e-mailed me that she was going to come, I immediately set about preparing a place for her.

I started with where she was going to sleep and it turned into major Spring cleaning of the house, boat and car. Suddenly, the work was no longer a chore. I was so looking forward to seeing my friend that it became a joy. It makes me think of Jesus preparing a place for me and saying, "Marie is going to love this!"

"He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." ~Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment