Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Beans and Honey

"You gave them this land you had sworn to give their forefathers. a land flowing with milk and honey." ~Jeremiah

I was out harvesting my beans this morning and noticed that the zucchini are showing signs of not having been pollinated completely. A preoccupied honeybee buzzed from flower to flower like an important dignitary amongst the beans. He seemed almost pompously aware of his importance in the pollination process. Involuntarily, I told him to be careful and make sure to hit that big orange flower across the way a few times!   

My mind skipped merrily to a land flowing with milk and honey. The vegetation that must be present for the bees to produce honey and the necessary procedures and climate for cows to produce milk, led me down a path of thanksgiving. A land flowing with these food sources is rich indeed but only if food is valued as riches. 

Meandering through the blessings that pour forth in a land flowing with milk and honey, my mind was drawn to sunshine, water, and the smells of meadows and wildflowers. It settled in on the banks of the river of life and I was content to let the living water wash over me as I thanked the Lord for each delicious pod. How can I keep from singing the praises of God? I have been blessed with a land flowing with milk and honey. I'm rich!

"Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city." ~John 

No comments:

Post a Comment