Thursday, September 5, 2013

Taking Glory

"Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness." ~David

It was the day that our oldest son was graduating from High School. School had been a struggle for him and I had spent quite a bit of time talking to Jesus about him. I certainly wasn't the only one that prayed for him either. He had made some stupid choices along the way and suffered the consequences but he was graduating!

I was preparing for the ceremony thinking about all the hard work I had to do for this day to happen. I began complaining to the Lord, "Is it too much for me to get a 'Thank You'?" Like a jolt of electricity, the Spirit whispered, "Oh, you want MY glory." I gasped as though shocked. The answers to my prayers and the prayers of others were laid bare before me. "No, Father! To you be ALL glory!" Humbled, I left my room.

Our son was standing in the hallway. He stopped me and shyly said, "Marie, I want you to have this." He then handed me his graduation sash and gave me a big bear hug. "Thanks for everything." Speechless, I held back the tears and praised God for his love and faithfulness!

"Praise be to you, O Lord; teach me your decrees." ~Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment