Monday, September 30, 2013

A Lawyer in Love

Then Naomi said, "Wait, my daughter, until you find out what happens. For the man will not rest until the matter is settled today."

I can only imagine how stressful that day must have been for Ruth. When I read her story for the first time and Boaz was going to meet with the elders in accordance with the laws; my heart ached for her.  When the kinsman-redeemer that had first rights to her life said he wanted the inheritance, I about choked! A widow, stranger and wife number what?! Poor woman just couldn't seem to catch a break.

I didn't need to fret though, Boaz knew God's word and he used it. He also knew his relative. He skillfully applied the laws of God and the matter was settled. He was a lawyer in love. Ruth became his wife and he spread his protection over her mother-in-law as well. What a wonderful man of generosity, integrity and action!

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine." ~The Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment