Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Golden Discretion

"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion." ~Solomon

Every month on the eleventh day, I read this verse in Proverbs. It always catches my attention and I've talked to Jesus about it quite a bit. Maybe it's because discretion is such a rare and valuable thing in beautiful women in the world today or perhaps it's because I don't want to be a pig! Either way, it's been a mystery that I've been searching out.

I've chipped at this many ways in my thought process over the years. I've thought about a gold ring being something of value given to a pig. My mind skips to another verse that talks about not casting your pearls before swine. They wouldn't value them and would trample them underfoot. A pig certainly wouldn't value a gold nose ring! I've approached it from the angle of the attention a gold ring would get while the animal would be ignored. A gold ring in a pig's snout could be used to steer the pig too. Without discretion, a beautiful woman could be led into sin and deceived very easily.

I still have yet to find a satisfying meaning to this Proverb, one that settles into my Spirit anyway. It remains just out of reach but every month on the eleventh day, I toss it around again!

"Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you." ~Solomon

No comments:

Post a Comment