Monday, September 16, 2013

Heaven's Fireworks

"From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder." ~John

There was a glorious thunder and lightning storm that barreled through the valley last night with rips in the dark like jagged scars. It scrambled satellite signals and camped out over the house for about an hour. I was left in awe at the raw display of power and felt electrified by the chest rattling vibration of the thunder. There was no time between the multiple flashes and the roaring thunder. It was upon us. There was never any fear just an enveloping exhilaration at the peek into the throne room of God Almighty.

I have imagined the scene so many times. The images in Revelation chapter four have always piqued my interest and any time I see the physical representations played out in front of me, I'm filled with a new reverence for the holy majesty of the King that sits on the throne. The eternal, self-existent one that loves me. How cool it will be when I get to see his face lit by lightning. When the peals of thunder rumble through my soul and the flashes of lightening are to welcome me home, I'm going to exclaim, "OH, do it again, Daddy!"

"The voice of the Lord strikes with flashes of lightning." ~David




No comments:

Post a Comment