Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What?

"Do you want to be made well?"  ~JESUS

For the longest time I thought that was the strangest question that Jesus ever asked anyone. The man had an infirmity and had been laying by the healing pool for thirty-eight years! His answer was a surprise too. Instead of saying something like, "Of course!" he blurts an excuse for not getting well. "Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool..." I wonder if he was hoping Jesus would hang around the pool with him to toss him in when the waters stirred. You can read the whole account in John 5.

Not just the question tugged at my mind but the fact that this man didn't go to Jesus for healing like so many others, Jesus went to him. In fact, this guy didn't even know who it was that healed him!

I'll be thinking about this today... and praying for all those who need more than just physical healing.

"See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you." ~JESUS



No comments:

Post a Comment