Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Toddler Love

"...that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children..." Titus2:4

Nothing has taught me what real love is more than having a husband and a toddler. I remember once being so angry at something a youngster did that I cried out to God "This can't be where you want me! I'm not happy!!!"

Immediately, the Spirit of God was there asking, "Happy?" I wiped my nose and sniffed a few more times and whined, "Yeah! I'm NOT happy. I don't want to clean toothpaste smears off of the walls first thing in the morning... I didn't sleep last night.. Do you see that mess? Even the baby has toothpaste in her hair!!! Errr!!!" I was seething. Then came the still small voice...

"The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Do you see happiness in that list? Look at yourself through MY eyes. You are a spoiled little toddler making exuses not to have to do something. How many times have you asked me to teach you to love like I love? Well, here's the first lesson, child. Practice. Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. Choose to love, practice love and never forget how much I love you."

What a wonderful way to spend the morning... Spiritual spanking, comforting crying babies, cleaning up toothpaste and singing, "Yes, Jesus Loves Me..." Opera style...

Time to go fetch the coffee from the microwave!

Today, I'm praying for all the mother's of toddlers. GOD BLESS YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment