Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cold Love

"Because of the increase in wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved."  ~JESUS

Jesus spoke these words when asked about the signs of his return. The words struck me as I looked around at the world today. It was easy to see how the love of most has already grown cold. It's always easy to see how other people are failing.

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"   ~JESUS

Ugh! Has my love grown cold? How could I know? Am I one of the "most"? I asked God, "What is love, anyway? Where's the checklist so I can mark off each aspect of it? Teach me!"

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."  ~1Cor.13:4-8

My coffee is cold.... yuck.

1 comment:

  1. You started a blog...yea! :)
    Enjoyed reading, looking forward to more posts!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete