Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Accuser or Forgiver

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." ~Jesus

When asking for prayer for someone, why is it important to ask "Are they a believer?" Should it matter? Would I treat them differently if they weren't? Why? Shouldn't my prayers be just as fervent for all people and my actions just as loving? By answering, "No or yes", aren't I judging them? If I ask them if they know Jesus and they say "yes", do I believe them? Or do I scrutinize their lives to see if they measure up to my definition of "believer"? Forgive me Lord! How easy it is to justify my own sin and unkindness while chiming in with the accuser of my brothers and sisters.  (Rev.12:10)

"Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand." ~Romans 14:4

Today I am thanking God for convicting me of a wrong attitude and asking His help to love people with everything that REAL love is! (1Cor.13)

No comments:

Post a Comment