Friday, January 18, 2013

Quieted by Love

"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." ~Zephaniah 3:17

My imagination goes wild when I meditate on this verse. Sometimes I imagine the throne room of heaven and come up with wild images of angels dancing ballroom style in some quasi-medieval revelry. The deep sound of a male voice stops the whirling, the crowd parts, and the King begins to walk across the floor toward me, singing, TO ME! Melt, melt... even better than being in the front row at a rock concert when the lead singer is singing straight at you. Sigh.

Other times, I imagine staring across a campfire and seeing that look of pure love in the eyes of the man on the other side. My man. I don't have to use my imagination very much for that one. I see that look in his eyes every day. Blush.

Nothing quiets my soul as much as knowing that the Lord my God is with me, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in me, he will quiet me with his love, he will rejoice over me with singing.

Today, I am praying for those who need to stare into the eyes of love.



No comments:

Post a Comment