Wednesday, January 30, 2013

No Excuse

"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities- his eternal power and divine nature- have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." Romans 1:20

I fancy myself an artist. Wood carving, ceramics, sculpting, quilting along with numerous other mediums have produced clay roses, wooden birds and tapestries. I love to take a block of wood and make a pink pinewood derby car or a hunk of clay and make ladybugs for a macrame necklace. I take great pleasure in learning new artforms. One thing I've noticed though, no matter what artform it is, I can see my personality in the finished piece. When I create something, I leave my mark. So when I read the above verse, it occurred to me that God has done the same thing.

Knowing that I can clearly see God's eternal power and divine nature by looking at what he's made, I began to meditate on his creative process. It began with speaking. Words. He spoke into formlessness, emptiness, and darkness. He spoke light. Then he stood back and said, "That's good!" I often think about there being no time restrictions in heaven. I wonder if I can go to that time in eternity to watch the light come on! Wouldn't it be cool if Jesus narrated it while it was all coming into being? I can picture him standing there saying,"Let there be light!" Sigh... how can anyone NOT love that thought?


No comments:

Post a Comment