Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Perfect Fit

"But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be."~Paul

It's comforting to me to know that God put me exactly where he wants me. He chose the sperm and egg and womb so that I would be born at the exact time and place that he created me for. In him, I live and move and have my very being. The all-encompassing reality causes my spirit to dance and songs cannot be contained!

Jesus called me to himself at the perfect time and washed this dirty vessel out with blood so that I could be absorbed into eternity like a raindrop in a river. He knew exactly what it would take to knock down the wall of self-sufficiency and cause me to come face-to-face with the living God. I remember the fear I had that day as the realization washed over me that this God was real and I was in big trouble with him. That he would forgive me if I asked seemed too easy but there it was in black and white in the writing in front of me as I read the Bible. How could I have missed this message?  

The inexplicable joy that engulfed me at the revelation of God's love will never leave me either as I asked Jesus to forgive me for what I'd become. He started the beat of a new heart that day as I stepped into the light and became his. Not only do I live and move and have my being in him, he lives and moves through my body like blood and through my life like water. How can I keep from singing?

"For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight." ~Paul     

No comments:

Post a Comment