Monday, November 25, 2013

Eternal Eyes

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." ~Solomon

Eternity has been set in my heart. I have asked that my eyes be opened to eternity and have been shown by the Holy Spirit that I need look no further than my heart. God has given me a pure heart, clean hands and a right spirit. New eyes to see eternity with. Eyes not of flesh but of spirit. I know He has because I've asked Him to.

God encouraged me to reach out with spiritual fingers of mind and imagination. He gave me his Word as a foundation and framework in which to hang the colorful images of eternity. With them, I have touched the hands of my creator. When I hold hands with my husband, eternity is brought into the present. Jesus was a carpenter. His hands are strong and rough. When I see children, eternity is taken into the future. Eternity has been set in their hearts.

I sang in an old chapel last night. The air churned with eternity. As ancient songs of worship resounded off the walls, ghosts of the past appeared in my mind. I heard eternity in the music, laughter and applause. My spirit was melded with the century of worshippers that answered the sound of the bell. My voice entered the river of eternal praise that flows to the very throne room of God. Someday, I'll be in that room. I'll take that place that has been prepared for me. The eternity that is set in my heart will be home and I'll be hugging Jesus!

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." ~Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment