Thursday, January 30, 2014

Talk and Walk

"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?" ~Paul

The Spirit of God keeps drawing me back to these questions of Paul's. My mind brushes on the musings carefully, like fingers on the wing of a butterfly. And just like the butterfly, I get grounded by mere contact. Jesus is trying to teach me something and I know it's something I'm uncomfortable with by the fact that I'm trying to spiritualize it. I've become a silent witness for him.

If people have not heard about Jesus, how can they believe in him? I can spiritualize this all I want and it still won't take away my responsibility to TALK about Jesus. His words should be like fire in my bones that I cannot stop from raging forth into the world. They are the light that draws God's children out of darkness and into peace with our heavenly Father. There is a famine on the earth right now, it's a famine for hearing the word of the Lord. Could it be because I've been duped into believing a lie? The "lie" being that people will "hear" about Jesus with their "spiritual ears" just by watching how I live my life. Or they will see my joy and cross necklace and somehow make the connection, realize they're sinners and repent and be saved? How many times have I heard, "You have to walk the talk"? That's nice but I need to "talk while I walk"!

"These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." ~God

No comments:

Post a Comment