Saturday, January 21, 2017

Do and Be

"Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life." ~Paul to Timothy

For the longest time, I've asked the Lord to help turn my heart away from the riches that are transient. I've prayed for him to show me how to lay up my treasure in Heaven. After he straightened out my perception of treasure, the Spirit led me back around to this. This morning, I was given this answer.

Do good. Be rich in good deeds. Be generous and willing to share. The first letter Paul wrote to Timothy held this small capsule of truth. The narrow path lit up!

"Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge, which some have professed and in so doing have wandered from the faith. Grace be with you." ~Paul to Timothy

No comments:

Post a Comment