Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Free to Be a Kid


"And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men." ~Luke


I was reminded today how grateful I am for the things that God did not include in the Bible. As I watched a little boy gleefully tumble around and seriously hammer molding with his sister's magic wand as a tool; it got me thinking about Jesus' childhood. I'm grateful that his childhood could be free from centuries of scrutiny simply because God wanted it so. I shudder to think of the rules that religions would've gleaned from a description of the childhood of the son of man. His childhood was to be that of a normal human. His mother got to treasure those learning moments in her heart and his father must have had a touch of pride when the little boy picked up a hammer and imitated the man.

"And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him." ~Luke


No comments:

Post a Comment