Tuesday, June 10, 2014

First to See

"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints." ~David


While working hospice, I inevitably had to say goodbye to my friends. As they stepped through the door to heaven, the last thing I told them was that I was a tad jealous. "Barring any accidents, they were going to see Jesus first and could they please give him a hug for me." My comment was usually rewarded with a chuckle and has been the last conversation I've had with many. The Lord turned this around on me a couple months ago.


I had trouble sleeping when my husband was going in for surgery, while he was in surgery and during his recovery. During that time, I met a photographer from New York online. Over four years, we developed a friendship while we were both learning about photography. He prayed for my husband every time he went into surgery and kept the conversations light and fun. He'd post pictures of his family, his boys playing soccer, his marbles, ballerinas and other random shots. I was really looking forward to someday meeting him and his wife. A couple of months ago though, he died of a massive heart attack. I was stunned.


Going to the Lord, I prayed, "Jesus... I'm a tad jealous of you right now. You got to see Timothy first!  Will you please give him a hug for me!" See you later my friend, I miss you.


Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" ~John 11:25









No comments:

Post a Comment